Thursday, April 7, 2011

Birth

Okay. So I'm off today and I decided to stop by the library and pick up a few movies. And to my surprise The Warrensville Heights library just happens to have a wide variety of movies today. Anyway, after reading the back of this movie that has Nicole Kidman on the cover with a rather unattractive short hair cut, I decided to give it a try.
OH my gosh! This movie is surprisingly good. A bit disturbing, but good. It's about this woman whose husband drops dead while going for a jog in the snow, (snow jogging,who does that?). Anywho the wife played by Nicole Kidman is understandably devastated and even though she has a new man in her life who really seems to love her she's having a hard time moving on. Well, ten years later this kid shows up saying that he is this woman's deceased husband.
Okay, while I'm waiting for this kid to be the demon seed of Satan it turns out that he knows all about this woman, personal details that only her husband would know. Anyway, nobody believes him at first. But then he becomes increasingly convincing even to me. But that's not the disturbing part. What's disturbing is how convinced Nicole Kidman is and what she's willing to do to be with this 10 year old boy.
Usually by now I would be on Wikipedia looking this movie up because I'm in no mood for surprises, I don't want to see any sexual innuendos with this child and I am not a horror fan (except for the Saw movies. I love those),but I don't because I'm really curious about how this movie plays out.
Is he her husband reincarnated or is he a fraud?
I won't tell. I definitely would have rewritten the ending though. But I think it's worth checking this movie out. Oh, I almost forgot, the name of the movie is Birth. There is no heartstopping action and it is not a moving drama. But it begs the question: How far would you go to reclaim a lost love?

No comments:

Post a Comment