Saturday, April 9, 2011

At A Loss For Words

Guess Who Loves You More......mmmm.
It's rare that I'm at a loss for words. But this song does something to me. I can't quite describe how it makes me feel. But there is something about this song that makes my insides happy. Have you ever felt that way? Has there been a song, a piece of art or poetry that reaches out to you, and touches you in a way that leaves you... speechless?
I don't know what it is about this song. But as soon as I hear the music I start moving my head. I close my eyes and I begin to envision my own mental music video. I have always loved Earth Wind and Fire's Can't Hide Love, so the fact that that music is used in this song (a perfect choice), just adds to it's intensity for me.
The music is so smooth and sensual.
His words are powerful and his voice seduces me.
I feel him on so many levels.
"I love you more", is his declaration. Can you imagine after a bad break up another man breaking it down like this? "It's me who loves you more." Go'head on Raheem DeVaughn! I applaud the boldness of his lyrics. The very act of approaching a woman with those words without the fear of consequences or possible rejection is impressive alone. Not to mention his soulful vocal stylings can have a woman melting from the inside out.
Mmmmph,mmmph,mmmmph. I must say I'm impressed. This man has impressed me and has left an impression on me. Guess who loves you more (shaking my head. I'm having one of my Gurl puhleeze moments).....what more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment