Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weekly Book Review #5: The Pussy Whispers by Dean Jean-Pierre

 
The Pussy Whispers is a collection of erotic short stories and poetry written from a woman’s point of view, by a man, (yea, you read that right). 

Dean Jean-Pierre has compiled some of his most sensitive, yet sensual erotic tales and poems in his book, The Pussy Whispers.

It is well written, female friendly and so deliciously decadent, that I suggest that it is read slowly.  It is not meant to be a speed read, but savored as would be a  glass of fine wine or great food.

In his book The Pussy Whispers, Dean Jean-Pierre uses his superb creative writing skills to transfer his readers to exotic island locals, private office spaces and to more intimate settings such as a hotel room, a lover’s boudoir, or to an elevator as in the story Floor 6...9.

With words that wash over you as easily as lyrics to a song, Dean Jean-Pierre has the ability to take you there with the mere stroke of his pen and his wildly salacious imagination.  From the very romantic to the carnal, there is something for every woman here.

The following is an interview with author Dean Jean-Pierre.

Tanya: Thank you so much for your time.  I really enjoyed your book.  You are a self published author and in case some of my readers are unaware this requires a lot more work on the author‘s behalf. That being said, I think the title of your book was a bold choice. How did you decide to name your book, The Pussy Whispers as opposed to a title that might have attracted a more wider audience?
Dean Jean-Pierre: Thank you again for your time and your review of my book. I knew that the title might cause some people not to give my book a chance based solely on the title. In this case, don’t judge a book by title truly does apply. A more subtle title might have given me a wider audience but then I would not be true to myself as a writer. I believe that regardless of the title, the book will find its intended audience. I have no regrets about the title. I love it!

Tanya: I know that this is your first published book. How did you make the decision to choose erotica as your genre for your first publication?  Did you find that erotica is your niche or is it just one of the many facets of your work?
Dean Jean Pierre: My partner, Pascale Jacques and I thought that my brand of sensual erotica would give us the widest possible audience. You have to grab a reader’s attention and once you have it then it becomes easier to introduce them to the other stuff you are working on. I never planned on writing erotica. I just fell into it and it turns out that I am pretty decent at it. My intention was and still is to write novels, poetry and scripts.  

Tanya: Everyone is different. But I preferred to take my time reading your book.  You did a wonderful job at making each story seem fresh and new.  It really takes a great deal of talent to find new and exciting ways to write about the same thing.Was it difficult creating your characters and storylines or did you pull them from your real life experiences?
Dean Jean-Pierre: Reading for me is an experience. I want the writer to transport me to someplace different. I don’t want to say it was easy but the stories come from an assortment of things: conversations, imagination and yes, life. I can hear someone say something and my mind takes it in another direction and a story is born. It’s a beautiful thing.

Tanya: I have said that your book The Pussy Whispers, is a female friendly book, but I think that it would make a great read for couples. As a matter of fact I think that men should read this book and perhaps it can open up more discussions about what a woman truly wants from her partner.
Did you have this in mind when writing The Pussy Whispers or was it intended for entertainment purposes only?
Dean Jean- Pierre: I have received emails from readers that they are reading to their spouse, in bed and overseas. A few readers have even told me that they’ve enacted a few of the pieces. It’s gratifying that my writing is so vivid that it allows people to want to act it out. Most of my readers for now are women but I really do believe there’s a lot to be learned in The Pussy Whispers by men once they give it a chance. Sex doesn’t start down below but in a woman’s mind. Seduce her mind and she will do almost anything you want—almost.

Tanya: I loved your use of metaphors and similes.  Your writing was very vivid and descriptive.
Is this a natural talent or would you say that you’ve honed this writing skill with a lot of practice?

Dean Jean-Pierre: I’ve been writing since the 3rd grade and I always say that before I am writer that I am a reader. I love to read. When you write, you are speaking to the imagination of your readers so you have to reach deeper to paint the pictures in your mind to communicate with them. It’s agonizing work as a writer goes over every sentence but I love it.

Tanya: Great cover too.  Modest yet straight forward.
Tell us about your covers designer.
Dean Jean-Pierre: The cover design for both of my books was done by Cynthia Colbert. I met her through my partner at CalmWaters and it’s been a good relationship to work with her. The intention of the cover is to convey sensuality in a subtle way but still make it sexy. Sexy doesn’t have to be in your face to be obvious.

Tanya: Thank you so much for your time Dean Jean-Pierre, I’m looking forward to reading more of your work. Any words of inspiration for my readers and aspiring writers?
Dean Jean-Pierre: Every review and criticism is valid. Don’t discount an opinion just because you don’t agree with it. It can help you to grow as a writer. If you ever reach the point where you think that you can’t continue to grow and get better as a writer then you should stop writing.

The Pussy Whispers, a collection of titillating tales and poetry will leave you hungry for more. Ideal for women who don’t want their erotica from a brown paper wrapper or for those who do. (wink)

Happy reading!

The Pussy Whispers as well as Dean Jean-Pierre's second book, Woman Worship is available at www.deanjeanpierre.com and the E Book is available through Kindle. Dean Jean-Pierre is currently working on an erotica spoken word CD which is expected to be released in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment